Shiplake Tennis Club Sessions
Club Sessions run throughout the year and are supervised by volunteers during the Spring and Summer. They are held on Sundays at 9.30-12.30, Tuesdays 9.30-11.30, Monday evenings 6-9.30 (one court only until 7.30 from Oct until March due to Ladies’ Team Practice Sessions) and Wed evenings 6-9.30.
If you would like to join the rota for running club sessions during the summer, please contact Mike Lynskey, who is kindly putting together the schedule for this year, at email@example.com.
July to October 2018 Season Rota
Mondays and Wednesdays: 6pm to 9.30pm latest
Sundays: 9.30am to 12.30pm
|Sunday 1st||Caroline Cousins|
|Monday 2nd||Sarah Waiton|
|Wednesday 4th||Paul Shienfeld|
|Sunday 8th||Peter Robertson|
|Monday 9th||Karen Peters|
|Wednesday 11th||Sally Greenfield|
|Sunday 15th||Q/Diana Jones|
|Monday 16th||Suzette Smith|
|Wednesday 18th||Sarah Blomfield|
|Sunday 22nd||Helma Marlow|
|Monday 23rd||Fiona Blackwood|
|Wednesday 25th||Graham Cooper|
|Sunday 29th||Keith Greenfield|
|Monday 30th||Cosima Wagner|
|Wednesday 1st||David Channon|
|Sunday 5th||Alastair Fisher|
|Monday 6th||Katie Binning|
|Wednesday 8th||Amanda Andrews|
|Sunday 12th||Robin Andrews|
|Monday 13th||Janette Verrall|
|Wednesday 15th||Tim Dunn|
|Sunday 19th||Jenny/Steve Berger|
|Monday 20th||Jonathan Palmer|
|Wednesday 22nd||Marcus Binning|
|Sunday 26th||Matt Thomas|
|Monday 27th (Bank Holiday)||Richard Ormerod|
|Wednesday 29th||Mike Lynskey|
|Sunday 2nd||Andrew Botterill|
|Monday 3rd||Andy Stallwood|
|Wednesday 5th||Charlie Calderbank|
|Sunday 9th||Club championship finals|
|Monday 10th||Clare Pelling|
|Wednesday 12th||Tim Verran|
|Sunday 16th||Julia Foskett|
|Monday 17th||Sheena Darke|
|Wednesday 19th||Nick Wrigley|
|Sunday 23rd||Jim Weatherston|
|Monday 24th||Alastair Walker|
|Wednesday 26th||Sandra Greenslade|
|Sunday 30th||Tiina Verran|
|Sunday 7th||Court resurfacing|
|Sunday 14th||Court resurfacing|
|Sunday 21st||Court resurfacing|
|Sunday 28th||Court resurfacing|
Guidelines for the member on rota duty:
- Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the club session.
- Get club balls out of the trunk in the clubhouse. N.B. Paul Shienfeld is i/c club balls.
- Measure nets on all 3 courts.
- Lay out refreshments (inside or outside depending on weather). Whilst providing refreshments (basic nibbles and squash, juice or coffee) is not compulsory, they do tend to be popular and much appreciated, particularly by those arriving hungry after work or just needing a strong cup of coffee and croissant on a Sunday morning before hitting a ball! The Club (via Mike) will reimburse you £7.50 per session.
- Welcome players as they arrive and organise into fours.
- The session, where possible, should be mixed doubles.
- Play 8 games maximum, then mix players around. If really busy, play 6 games & sudden death on 2nd deuce.
- As players drift off a short set can be played and ladies doubles/mens doubles can be played.
- As the weekday club evenings can go on until 9.30 pm (when the floodlights automatically switch off) you are not be expected to stay until the bitter end, just be there for the first couple of hours and then nominate another player to take over who is planning to stay until the end.
- Fill in notebook on clubhouse shelf with names of players attending.
- To finish, nets need lowering, balls put away, lights (if used) switched off, clubhouse and gate locked.