Shiplake Tennis Club Sessions
Club Sessions run throughout the year and are supervised by volunteers during the Spring and Summer. They are held on Sundays at 9.30am-12.30pm, Mondays and Wednesdays: 6.00pm-9.30pm. A further unsupervised session is held each Tuesday at 9.30am-11am.
If you would like to join the rota for running club sessions during the summer, please contact Mike Lynskey, who is kindly putting together the schedule for this year, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All members attending these Club sessions are expected to familiarise themselves with, and follow, the COVID-19 guidance which is provided on the signs posted inside and outside of the Clubhouse.
Summer/Autumn 2020 Rota
Guidelines for the member on rota duty:
- Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the club session.
- Get club balls out of the trunk in the clubhouse. N.B. Paul Shienfeld is i/c club balls.
- Measure nets on all 3 courts.
- Lay out refreshments (inside or outside depending on weather). Whilst providing refreshments (basic nibbles and squash, juice or coffee) is not compulsory, they do tend to be popular and much appreciated, particularly by those arriving hungry after work or just needing a strong cup of coffee and croissant on a Sunday morning before hitting a ball! The Club (via Mike) will reimburse you £7.50 per session.
- Welcome players as they arrive and organise into fours.
- The session, where possible, should be mixed doubles.
- Play 8 games maximum, then mix players around. If really busy, play 6 games & sudden death on 2nd deuce.
- As players drift off a short set can be played and ladies doubles/mens doubles can be played.
- As the weekday club evenings can go on until 9.30 pm (when the floodlights automatically switch off) you are not be expected to stay until the bitter end, just be there for the first couple of hours and then nominate another player to take over who is planning to stay until the end.
- Fill in notebook on clubhouse shelf with names of players attending.
- To finish, nets need lowering, balls put away, lights (if used) switched off, clubhouse and gate locked.