Shiplake Tennis Club Sessions
Club Sessions run throughout the year and are supervised by volunteers during the Spring and Summer. They are held on Sundays at 9.30am-12.30pm, Mondays and Wednesdays: 6.00pm-9.30pm. A further unsupervised session is held each Tuesday at 9.30am-11am.
If you would like to join the rota for running club sessions during the summer, please contact Mike Lynskey, who is kindly putting together the schedule for this year, at email@example.com.
March to June 2019 Season Rota
Mondays and Wednesdays: 6pm to 9.30pm latest
Sundays: 9.30am to 12.30pm
|Monday 25th||Mike Lynskey|
|Wednesday 27th||Janette Verrall|
|Sunday 31st||Diana Jones|
|Monday 1st||Clare Pelling|
|Wednesday 3rd||Charlie Calderbank|
|Sunday 7th||Peter Robertson|
|Monday 8th||Sally Greenfield|
|Wednesday 10th||Paul Shienfeld|
|Sunday 14th||Alan Mitchell|
|Monday 15th||Nikki Botterill|
|Wednesday 17th||Graham Cooper|
|Sunday 21st||Andy Botterill|
|Monday 22nd||Karen Peters|
|Wednesday 24th||Tim Verran|
|Sunday 28th||Robin Andrews|
|Monday 29th||Court repainting|
|Wednesday 1st||Court repainting|
|Sunday 5th||Fiona Blackwood|
|Monday 6th||Katie Binning|
|Wednesday 8th||Andy Waiton|
|Sunday 12th||Julia Foskett|
|Monday 13th||Sheena Darke|
|Wednesday 15th||Tim Dunn|
|Sunday 19th||Jonathan Palmer|
|Monday 20th||Sandra Greenslade|
|Wednesday 22nd||Howard Poll|
|Sunday 26th||Caroline Cousins|
|Monday 27th||Sarah Waiton|
|Wednesday 29th||Nick Wrigley|
|Sunday 2nd||Jim Weatherston|
|Monday 3rd||Jenny Berger|
|Wednesday 5th||Helma Marlow|
|Sunday 9th||Matt Thomas|
|Monday 10th||Amanda Andrews|
|Wednesday 12th||Q Jones|
|Sunday 16th||Andy Stallwood|
|Monday 17th||David Channon|
|Wednesday 19th||Alastair Walker|
|Sunday 23rd||Ali/Chris Fisher|
|Monday 24th||Richard Ormerod|
|Wednesday 26th||Cosima Wagner|
|Sunday 30th||Suzette Smith|
Guidelines for the member on rota duty:
- Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the club session.
- Get club balls out of the trunk in the clubhouse. N.B. Paul Shienfeld is i/c club balls.
- Measure nets on all 3 courts.
- Lay out refreshments (inside or outside depending on weather). Whilst providing refreshments (basic nibbles and squash, juice or coffee) is not compulsory, they do tend to be popular and much appreciated, particularly by those arriving hungry after work or just needing a strong cup of coffee and croissant on a Sunday morning before hitting a ball! The Club (via Mike) will reimburse you £7.50 per session.
- Welcome players as they arrive and organise into fours.
- The session, where possible, should be mixed doubles.
- Play 8 games maximum, then mix players around. If really busy, play 6 games & sudden death on 2nd deuce.
- As players drift off a short set can be played and ladies doubles/mens doubles can be played.
- As the weekday club evenings can go on until 9.30 pm (when the floodlights automatically switch off) you are not be expected to stay until the bitter end, just be there for the first couple of hours and then nominate another player to take over who is planning to stay until the end.
- Fill in notebook on clubhouse shelf with names of players attending.
- To finish, nets need lowering, balls put away, lights (if used) switched off, clubhouse and gate locked.