Email sent: 1st June regarding Doubles
Following the government’s latest relaxation of the restrictions on leisure and sports activity, the LTA has published new guidelines for clubs and their members.
Consequently, as of today, 1st June, members are allowed to play doubles. This includes players outside your household. All previous guidance must be adhered to, including social distancing as much as possible and not changing ends between games and sets. All courts must be booked in advance and vacated 5 minutes prior to the end of you booking to avoid congestion with other members.
Scheduled club sessions are still suspended until further notice. Also, for hygiene reasons, the clubhouse will also remain closed.
We will continue to update members as guidance changes.
Email sent: 13th May
Yesterday the LTA provided more detail instruction on what players and venues should do to support the playing of Tennis at clubs.
- Please note that anyone playing tennis must:
- Players should wash their hands at home then sanitise them just before they touch the entry key pad or go onto the Club premises if the gate is open, they should not touch their face on court, they must then sanitise hands immediately after they leave the Club premises.
- Players must leave the court area at least 5 minutes before the end of their booking so the next users can enter without meeting them.
- Players must initial their own tennis balls, only use these and only return balls to the next court by using their racquet or feet
- Players should refrain from changing ends between games and sets.
- Nets have been set at the correct height and must be left up.
- The Clubhouse will need to remain closed in the short term, whilst we put in place the measure necessary for the club to meet the new guidance.
For the full set of LTA player guidelines see the link below
Thank you for your support and enjoy your tennis.
Shiplake Tennis and Social Club